Spinning is a cardio (aerobic) workout set to music and led by a certified instructor.
Spinning is great for people who want a motivating workout that they can control at their own pace. It’s low-impact, so it’s very suitable for people who want to balance out higher-impact exercises (like running) or for people who have some joint problems.
Spin classes are currently offered at our La Mesa location and will be offered at the Hillcrest location starting 11/07/2016. Most days there are morning and evening classes. Check the La Mesa schedule for specific times. Please bring a water bottle and a small towel to class.
Beyond Pilates La Mesa
6195 Lake Murray Blvd.
La Mesa, CA 91942
Our studio incorporates color-changing lighting, utilized as visual cues for a complete sensory-filled ride. The experience starts in a dark room, you are guided to release all thoughts, focus on your breathing, and move into the moment. After a warm-up period, we get rollin’ and the room turns blue, red and green, … the bass gets heavier … the tempo a little faster and you soon find yourself jammin’ on the pedals.
Spin Class Etiquette
To make everyone’s Beyond Pilates Cycling experience enjoyable, please mind your Ps and Qs.
- Hydrate – All riders should bring a water bottle and towel to ride. Trust us, you’ll need them both.
- Be Fresh – There is just no way to sugarcoat it … wear your deodorant … we are all working very hard and sweating like nuts, all while riding very close to one another.
- Ride As One – To keep the energy up in the room, we try to ride as one. This will not only keep you challenged, but by sticking with your instructor’s direction, you will reduce the risk of injury. Stay with them, they do know best.
- Kindness Rocks – Respect your fellow riders. Treat others how you would like them to treat you. Saving bikes for friends is not cool and is unfair to those who are already there READY to go.
- Unplug – Silence your ringers and please refrain from using your cell phone to talk, text or listen to your own tunes. We understand you’re popular, but out of respect for your instructors and fellow riders, let it go to voicemail. This does not apply to medical providers who have no choice but to answer work calls.
- Chatterboxes – Talking during class is a huge distraction. ‘Nuff said.
- Bike Upkeep – We value our bikes and keep them in excellent condition with regular maintenance. After all, what is a cycling studio without immaculate bikes? We do our part; please do yours and wipe down the bikes at the end of your ride, and in between if you’re doubling.
- Spotless – Please help keep our studio clean by tidying up after yourself.